St Eval parish is renowned in Cornwall for its association with the RAF.
The churchtown which used to comprise of a small cluster of five houses in addition to the outlying Glebe Cottages, no longer exists and the church stands in the middle of an airfield built in 1939 for monitoring U-
The parish church of St Eval dates from the 13th century
The beautiful stained glass window was presented by the RAF as part of their refurbishment of the Lady Chapel in 1989. This was to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the opening of RAF St Eval.
The sundial above the south porch is from 1724.
An interesting story surrounds the cross which is displayed on the wall here. A Shackleton of 205 Squadron was lost in 1958 off the Malaysian coast. A local fisherman observed the crash and memorised the details, burying the body of the single survivor on an atoll and marking it with this cross. The cross was brought to St Eval in 1972.